One of the easiest and most common ways for you to support Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is with a gift of cash. Cash can be used to support our work in the form of:
An outright gift. By making a cash gift by check, credit card or money order today, you enable us to meet our most urgent needs and carry out our mission on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to see your generosity in action and will also receive a federal income tax charitable deduction, when you itemize.
A payable on death (POD) account. A POD bank account or certificate of deposit names one or more persons or charities as the beneficiary of all funds once you, the account owner, pass away. The beneficiary you name has no rights to the funds until after your lifetime. Until that time, you remain in control and are free to use the money in the bank account, change the beneficiary or close the account.
There are several other ways to make cash donations as part of the gift types below. To learn more, click on the links below.
Ways to Use Cash
- A gift in your will or living trust. Through a gift in your will or living trust, you can support Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund with a specific amount of money or a percentage of your total estate. This type of gift allows you the flexibility to change your mind at any time.
- A charitable gift annuity. One of the most common ways to fund this gift that supports Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund and provides you and/or a loved one with fixed payments for life is with cash in the form of a check. A charitable gift annuity typically works well for those 60 and older.
- A charitable remainder trust. Cash is the easiest and least complicated way to fund a charitable remainder trust. Oftentimes, it can provide the necessary liquidity to provide for payments to the income beneficiary when the trust is funded with hard to sell assets.
- A charitable lead trust. You may always use cash to fund a lead trust. Oftentimes, lead trusts are funded with cash in addition to stock or real estate.
- A donor advised fund.
- Memorial and tribute gifts.
- An endowed gift. Create an endowment or contribute to one that is already established to ensure that your support of Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund will last forever.